Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Gone to the birds...

I have had this draft in my posts for a while, but never published it since I have been so busy.

It all started because I needed to find a couple decorations for my walls.  Nothing critical, but I just wanted to make my bathroom look a little cuter and there was nothing on the wall.  I went to our local mini-bazaar that has lots of great decorating options, TJ Maxx, Target...you get the idea, nothing expensive.  Just cute and cheep.  (Did I say CHEEP, I meant cheap.)  I called my sister afterwards,  "I can't find ANYTHING that does not have a BIRD on it!"

Now keep in mind...I have nothing against the Aves species, but here is proof, I have plenty flying around my house already.

Breakables...

Pillows...

Wall hangings...

Golden birds...

The stained glass variety...

Seriously, we have the bird thing covered.  I just want ONE picture for my wall that doesn't involved a bird.  I challenge you to find one.  (But don't go all fancy on me...just your usual box stores and small boutiques.)  I guess birds will be just like the glass grapes in the 70's. the "country" crafts and cows in the 80s (think Robert Duncan-who I still like by the way),  roosters and chickens in the 90's and big metal stars of the early 00's.  It kind of makes me sad because I really do like my happy birds, but enough is enough!

SO, when I was reading a very favorite blog yesterday I had to laugh so hard!  Someone else was sharing my thoughts on birds.  You must check it out here.

And speaking of birds....

Check out these chickens Michael got to pet sit last week.  They were some serious beauties. He gave all of them names. 


Same holding technique as the puppy.  


The best part...fresh eggs everyday. 


I will take those birds and their eggs any day.

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for birds! And those eggs look awesome. But your cute kiddos are what make this post:)

    ReplyDelete